Hi guys! Today I am super excited to share this post with you! I was always dreaming about going to see the real pumpkin patch.. I know.. I’ve watch too many american movies but.. This was my little dream, and it happened yesterday! I went to visit my first pumpkin patch!
This years I was watching one of the farms, which is located close to our home. We have decided to go there yesterday and we had a perfect weather for that, was a little chilly but really sunny. The weather is also super nice today, so if you don’t have any plans, pack your wellies and go, visit the farm 😉
I know that some of the farms are open only till Halloween, so I’ve really tried to post this asap so I could give you an idea where to go:)
Alright Pumpkin is a farm located close to Navan in Co. Meath. If you don’t know the directions, simply put Alright Pumpkin in Google Maps and there you go!
There is no entry fee and the car park is also free. The only activity for which you have to pay is the Tractor ride or if you want to buy pumpkins or any other vegetables which they have there, like corns or onions. They have prepared a sort of camp where you can sit inside and enjoy hot tea, coffee and have some snack. The kids will for sure enjoy the tractor ride, small labyrinth made in the corn fields and having a chance to see some pigs and chickens 😉
The whole thing looks like perfectly taken from an american movie, and I love that! I think it is a perfect place to go with you kids, to spend the day outside. The only thing to remember is, that this is a real farm, so you need to dress appropriately. Bring your wellies and some old clothes as there is a big chance you are going to be all dirty!
Attention! This farm is only open today and tomorrow, between 11-4. Below I’ve listed few other farms which you can visit if you want to pick your own pumpkin.
- Tinahely Farm, Coolruss, Co. Wicklow –> Open today and tomorrow, between 12 – 3. Tickets €15.00 per child, adults free. There is a lot of activities, the list is available on their website.
- Ladyrath Pumpkin Patch, Wilkinstown, Navan, Co. Meath –> Open till the 30th of October, between 9 – 4.30. Tickets €13.95 per child, adults free. All activities listed on their website.
- The Farm in Grenagh, Co. Cork –> Open until the 31st of October, tickets: child – €14.50, adults – €8. All information about activities listed above in the link.
- Nore Valley Park, Co.Kilkenny –> Pumpkin patch available till 31st of October. Unfortunately I do not know the ticket prices.
- Ballycross Apple Farm, Co.Wexford –> Open till 31st of October, tickets available on their website.
- Scalpwood, Co. Dublin –> Open till the 30th of October, tickets: €3.50 per adult / child. The tickets have to be booked online.
Let me know if you like activities like this! Have you ever been on pumpkin patch, are you going to go? Let me know in the comments 🙂